Wednesday, January 8, 2014
So, in the below comment, everyone was talking about POVs and how they hate the jump between them. This isn't from the first book, but it is the first time that there is a chapter from Jaime's POV. I don't know about anyone else, but I think it's really funny that the first page is all about Cersei (I don't know about the rest of the pages). One of my favorite things about the different POVs is that they show you all of the different opinions that various characters have, but it's very rare that any of the characters are in the same place. They all seem to be scattered around; with Ned, Arya, and Sansa being the exceptions. I like that we can see into the different places in the story and that we can see into the heads of all the different characters. For the most part, I'm of the opinion that George R. R. Martin executed the different POVs flawlessly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good point on the POVs, I'm surprised this wasn't one of our initial topics to discuss. Which book is that page from? I thought it was a piece of fanart making fun of the way that Jaime kind of devoted himself to Cersei. Something about this is hysterically funny to me, I think it's the "Cersei is so pretty and gold. GOLD CERSEI HAIR EVERYTHING. WIND IS CERSEI" etc.
ReplyDeleteThe comedic value of the Jaime POV page aside, you've got a good point on how the POVs show all of the different characters' thoughts and opinions and situations (I'm still a little cross that Robb doesn't have a POV though)... George R. R. Martin did a wonderful job getting the POVs very personal and intricate, though, you're right.
...my face still hurts from laughing so hard at the mention of Jaime's right nostril in this post though.
I believe it was in a Storm of Swords
ReplyDelete