Me too, and when I first saw it, it was before I had heard anything about the series. I thought it was really funny that someone took the time to do that.
Gina, the massive deaths turned me off the books. I read the first three and felt it was too dark for me. Granted, that was after reading over 1000 pages of the series.
I think the best part is the deaths not only because it's so unpredictable but because it's true how there isn't always a happy ending for the main characters in every book. And I know the show is really dark but still has a lot of humor intertwined.
I agree with Josh on this one. Once you get to know a character they get killed. It keeps the series interesting because you can never count on even the main characters surviving.
Could the "never counting on the main characters surviving" thing be because almost every single character mentions happens to be a main character?! *noises of frustration at the sheer number of people in this book*
Not every single character mentioned is a main character. Theres Benjen, Marcella, Tommen, and several other characters who are mentioned continually that aren't counted as a main character. I think that the people who are main characters are the ones who have chapters from their point of view.
This is true, only the stark family and Daenarys point of vievs are shown. This obviously is done to avoid confusion and decrease complications, but wouldn't it be cool to hear what other characters thoughts are? Personally, I would like to know what's going on in joffreys evil little head!
Nope. No one wants to be in Joffery's head. It's already too big for Westeros. We don't want to inflate that arrogance. Personally, him lying about what happened with Nimeria and Sansa pisses me off so much. She was Arya's only friend, and she had to run away to avoid punishment, which Lady then took the brunt of. He's the only main character that most of us WANT to die.
Joffrey is a little *omitted word* who is very spoiled and very interbred. I love how many people die. You can sense the oncoming war between the north and south and it's true that not everyone survives. Most people die. And it's not fair. But so far, I think the deaths really propel the story and shows the arrogance of how nobles can really be and how they disregard life so much.
I love this picture. First time I saw it my jaw just dropped haha.
ReplyDeleteMe too, and when I first saw it, it was before I had heard anything about the series. I thought it was really funny that someone took the time to do that.
ReplyDeleteI saw this a while ago, but I died laughing when I did. And here I am again. Also, Sam, four for you for the title of this blog.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little afraid to read the books? I get attached to characters, do this series is going to be a doozy.
ReplyDeleteGina, the massive deaths turned me off the books. I read the first three and felt it was too dark for me. Granted, that was after reading over 1000 pages of the series.
ReplyDeleteI think the best part is the deaths not only because it's so unpredictable but because it's true how there isn't always a happy ending for the main characters in every book. And I know the show is really dark but still has a lot of humor intertwined.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Josh on this one. Once you get to know a character they get killed. It keeps the series interesting because you can never count on even the main characters surviving.
ReplyDeleteCould the "never counting on the main characters surviving" thing be because almost every single character mentions happens to be a main character?! *noises of frustration at the sheer number of people in this book*
ReplyDeleteNot every single character mentioned is a main character. Theres Benjen, Marcella, Tommen, and several other characters who are mentioned continually that aren't counted as a main character. I think that the people who are main characters are the ones who have chapters from their point of view.
ReplyDeleteThis is true, only the stark family and Daenarys point of vievs are shown. This obviously is done to avoid confusion and decrease complications, but wouldn't it be cool to hear what other characters thoughts are? Personally, I would like to know what's going on in joffreys evil little head!
ReplyDeleteYou don't want to hear what's in Joffrey's head!
ReplyDeleteNope. No one wants to be in Joffery's head. It's already too big for Westeros. We don't want to inflate that arrogance.
ReplyDeletePersonally, him lying about what happened with Nimeria and Sansa pisses me off so much. She was Arya's only friend, and she had to run away to avoid punishment, which Lady then took the brunt of.
He's the only main character that most of us WANT to die.
Joffrey is a little *omitted word* who is very spoiled and very interbred. I love how many people die. You can sense the oncoming war between the north and south and it's true that not everyone survives. Most people die. And it's not fair. But so far, I think the deaths really propel the story and shows the arrogance of how nobles can really be and how they disregard life so much.
ReplyDelete