Friday, December 27, 2013
So, I just want to talk about Catelyn for a second. I know that we had a whole post talking about her already. But that part where she was on her way to the Eyrie and stopped at the tavern gave me the tingles. She had really been a strong person until then, but to me that just displayed her ability to work for herself even more than any of her actions previously. (I can understand hating her on Jon Snow's behalf, but you have to admit she has no problem standing up for what she believes in) I like that she had enough evidence for herself. Tyrion/ the Lancasters had supposedly attacked her kid and she was not going to stand for it, especially not when they were responsible for his fall and resulting injury. I just love that she's so fearless and yet she knows the consequences of her actions and fully accepts whatever they may be, just so that she can protect her children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catelyn is the kind of person who will do anything for her children. For example, she had no regrets getting hurt when she tried to protect Bran. Some of her decisions, such as treating Jon poorly, make it seem like she is a bad person. However, she can be strong when she needs to be.
ReplyDeleteI think she's strong more often than not.
ReplyDeleteCatelyn has different priorities than some of the other characters. She's about protecting her children, even more than her husband. She's a fiercely strong woman, but she reserves it for protecting her family, which is most precious to her. She has a really good handle on alliances, better than was previously suggested. She knows who's who, and what side they're on.
ReplyDeleteI have to say that after I've read more into the book, and there are no more opportunities for Catelyn to be obnoxious to Jon, I'm coming to love her as a mother figure, she's *very* strong and as all of you guys have said, she's fiercely strong and brave.
ReplyDelete